Senior Thanksgiving Dinner

By Stephany Godinez

Time ticked as the volunteers ran around with panic: a long line of anxious hungry people had emerged in front of the glass doors. The night, November 15, 2017, had finally arrived — the senior Thanksgiving dinner.

Our class of 2018 met for an Italian meal in honor of an early Thanksgiving celebration. Although the event was supposed to start at 5 PM, the dinner began thirty-minutes later due to issues regarding the Thanksgiving-themed decorations. 

The meal was widely favored by the students and it consisted of popular Italian dishes: penne alfredo, lasagna (beef or vegetarian), caesar salad, garlic bread, fruit salad, cookies, cake, and lemonade.

As the seniors finished up their dinner, 12th grade class president Michelle Yi and her vice-president, Mary Shin presented superlative awards to the teachers and students that attended. Student body president Debora Esayas-Gotta earned the title of “Most Likely to be Late to her own Wedding,” while peer Andrea Lopez received “Most Likely to Become a Victoria Secret Angel.” Teacher Ms. Lee was awarded “Most Likely to Spend her Entire Paycheck on Clothes.”

The fun did not stop there as the award ceremony was followed by musical chairs. Numerous students participated in the game, which included German Rodriguez, Kevin Pacheco, Paris Viloria, Genesis Crelencia, Elizabeth Dubon, and more. Anxiety built up amongst the ring of students who wanted to view the once-harmless game that became riotous when it turned into a battle between advisories. It came down to two players: Genesis Crelencia (Ms. Luna’s advisory) and Kevin Pacheco (Mr. Colon’s advisory). The boys dripped in sweat as they continuously ran around a single chair for minutes on end. As soon as the music turned off, Genesis grabbed the chair and sat down, gaining victory and pride for not only himself, but also his advisory.

The night came to a close near 8 PM. Students and teachers took group photos and selfies at the Thanksgiving-themed photo wall. Those pictures, along with the entire night, are certainly memories that will last them a lifetime.

ASGL seniors, try your best to attend the senior events. Embrace these final moments with your peers that are close to your heart as your journey of high school is almost over. Don’t wait until your high school reunion to create memories, the golden time is now!Image result for thanksgiving