Robert F. Kennedy Blood Drive

By Elizabeth Dubon

Disasters are inevitable so why not prepare for them and help those affected? This past year our world has really been through a lot with hurricane Harvey, Irma and Maria. In addition, wildfires have been striking in different parts of the world. When we are put in situations like this organizations often gather up as much supplies as they can to help. The American Red Cross is always there to help in times of need. They are known for providing shelter, providing lifesaving blood, food and more.

As a Global Leadership school our job is to take action and help out our community as much as we can. Our school has gotten accustomed to taking action and making a difference in our community by partnering up with the American Red Cross and hosting a on campus blood drive every year. This event takes a lot of planning, but within the years it has become one of our biggest, most successful events on campus. I give credits to everyone involved in the process of making this event possible such as the National Honor Society President and members who help out by recruiting donors, advertising this event,and volunteering to help on the day of the drive. Without them this event would not have a great outcome every year and their hard work is always appreciated.

Like mentioned above, our school held a Blood Drive on campus and it was a success. The Blood Drive was held on November 9, 2017 in the High School gym from 8:30 AM to 2:00 PM. The purpose of this event was to receive as much blood donations as possible to save lives. The more blood donations we get, the more lives we are able to save. As a result, of gathering at least 100 signatures of volunteers who were willing to donate blood our school was able to donate to the American Red Cross more than 80 units of blood. It was a success for us since we were able to collect more blood than the previous year. There were so many people who were interested in donating blood whom had to be turned down due to the lack of time and nurses. I don’t know about you but that pretty much tells me how well of an outcome we had.

Isn’t it crazy how one can save a life by just donating blood? I find it amazing and interesting how such a small gesture can make a change along with save a person’s life. Ambassador School of Global Leadership has saved the lives of many and will remain to do so. So stay tuned for the upcoming blood drive that our school will be hosting again in the spring and hope for an even better outcome on blood donations than the previous one!