A Student Publication of The Ambassador School of Global Leadership

Dodger’s Insider

In our city of Angels, there are a variety of sports teams that we all know and love, cheer and party for. However, it’s baseball season, and if you’re a true Angeleno, you’ll root for our beloved city team, the Dodgers (We know the Angels exist but we’re talking about our national league team).

Here’s a brief history of our boys in blue: the Dodgers were originally established in 1883, in Brooklyn, New York City, NY. The team moved to Los Angeles before the 1958 baseball season. The Dodgers have a total of 6 World Series titles, having not a single win since ’88. Jackie Robinson, the first African American to play in Major League Baseball, joined the Brooklyn Dodgers in 1947. He helped the Dodgers achieve victory in the 1955 World Series.

The team played 4 seasons at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum, and later moved to their current home stadium, the Dodgers’ Stadium. They hold second in the franchise history for winning 21 championship games in The Western division.

Currently the Dodgers are in the 2017 World Series. They go against the Houston Astros.  The first home game was on October 24, and the score was 3-1. Dodgers fans were convinced that this first victory would win this World Series. Although the second game was a close call, the Dodgers had lost against the Astros 6-7.  

The next game will be away in the Astros’ home turf Friday, October 27.

Update: We’ll get them next time folks.

Bobcat Times • Copyright 2018 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in