A Student Publication of The Ambassador School of Global Leadership

NBA Triumphs over Trump

Sparks of multiple broadcasts and news networks seem to have concerns for professional sport groups clashing with politicians. Recent media groups, television channels, and news articles have gained major popularity in a short amount of time concerning any relations to this issue. With the NBA being a world wide known franchise, never has anyone thought of the idea of sparking conflict between these two Powerhouses.

They called the president a ‘clown’ and a ‘so-called leader.’”

Prior to September 23, 2017, Donald Trump invited Stephen Curry and the Golden State Warriors to the White House as the 2017 NBA champions, beating the Cleveland Championships 4-1 in the NBA Finals. However, after having received the invitation by our United States President, Stephen Curry was very reluctant when deciding whether or not he wanted to be welcomed to the White House. Because of the recent comments Donald Trump had posted on Twitter, the most notable one being, “Just heard Foreign Minister of North Korea speak at U.N. If he echoes thoughts of Little Rocket Man, they won’t be around much longer!” Several Days after, Trump grew tired of waiting for Stephen Curry’s response resulting in the withdrawal of his invitation to the Golden State Warriors. As many other players of the NBA became involved in the conflict, including Chris Paul, Dwayne Wade, Carmelo Anthony, Bradley Beal and Demar Derozan outcomes of this quarrel ended with the president being called a “clown,” and a “so-called leader.”

After several days had passed, Lebron decided to defend his colleagues, and posted a comment on Twitter, clearly targeting Trump. He said, “U bum @StephenCurry30 already said he ain’t going! So therefore ain’t no invite. Going to White House was a great honor until you showed up!” Lebron also posted a video saying that Trump’s purpose for posting these unnecessary comments was to create a division between the American people. “It’s basically at a point where I’m just a little frustrated, man, because this guy that we’ve put in charge has tried to divide us once again. Obviously, we all know what happened with Charlottesville and the divide that caused. Now, it’s hitting home for me even more because he’s using sports as a platform. We all know how much sports brings us together, the passion it has, how much we love and care, the friendships it creates. For him to use this platform to divide us even more, is not something I can stand for and not something I can be quiet about.”

This created a larger conflict between Trump and this sports franchise, with an ever growing support on Stephen Curry’s side.

Bobcat Times • Copyright 2018 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in