Halloween Pep Rally and Spirit Week!

By Paul Yapcengco

Bobcat Ambassadors! This Fall Season we celebrated our 7th Annual of Spirit Week, which began on October 23!  

One of ASGL’s tradition, which is also enjoyable is Spirit Week and the Halloween Pep Rally. These events are around the week of Halloween, showing school spirit and sharing laughter with the Bobcat Family. This year, the student body created the following themes: Flannel, Mathlete, Pink Nation, Color Wars, College Shirt Day, and Athlete. Not only did the students rock their outfits and showed school spirit, but so did the teachers!

The first of day of Spirit Week, was successful but definitely had bumps along the way. Originally, it was supposed to be flannel vs. tie-dye however, the teachers thought it would confuse the students with the option so to make it simpler the flannel was chosen as a mutual agreement.

The second day of Spirit Week many students and the staff were excited and wore cute and nerdy clothes for mathletes day. Even though the temperature peaked to 100 degrees fahrenheit, many of the students and staff were having a blast, taking pictures, and nerding out.

The third day of Spirit Week was very successful. Many of the students wore pink to share awareness for Breast cancer, Pinktober.

The fourth day of Spirit Week each grade had a specific color they represented. Seniors – red, juniors – blue, sophomore – purple, freshman – pink, eighth grade – orange, seventh grade – yellow, and sixth grade – green. The number of high school students who participated in this student was overwhelmingly high.

The fifth day of Spirit Week gave a lot of knowledge to the students. The students learned and gave information on the college they represented that day. Learning about new schools we usually don’t hear about, bringing awareness to a variety of amazing schools.

The sixth and last day of Spirit Week the students and staff wore athletic clothing in appreciation of the World Series that was occurring. Many students wore LA Dodgers clothing attire due to the fact that the LA Dodgers were trailing 3 – 2 to the Houston Astros.

This year’s annual Halloween Pep Rally was a huge success. First, the amazing turn out for spirit week gave students and staff energy that carried out to the Pep Rally. ASGL’s Student Body Government really knew what they were doing this year. They had glow sticks, candy, great music, amazing games, and much more. The students were jumping as high as they could, laughing, yelling, releasing their stress and enjoying themselves. The staff were also having a remarkable time they were dancing and having fun showing off their costumes while dancing the “Cha Cha Slide.” This is where everyone came together to dance and have a blast!