Goodbye, Junior Year. Hello, Senior Year.

By: Erin Kim

Hello Reader,

Goodbye, junior year. Hello, senior year.

Beep, beep! Move out of the way, underclassmen! Senior comin’ through! Is it finally time to assert my dominance in the hallways?! Haha just kidding…or am I? ๐Ÿ˜‰

Well, first let’s talk about the junior year. Oh, boy. Where do I even start?

I remember the first day of school when I didn’t know what I was getting myself into. I signed up for the most challenging courses offered at the school, and I, most certainly, did not know what I was putting myself into. The first semester flew by in a blur, and was, in my opinion, pretty manageable. I was very organized, wrote in my agenda daily, didn’t really procrastinate, and got a reasonable amount of sleep; also, I definitely had more time to pursue my interests through various clubs and leadership roles. But the second semester came along, and I have to say, that it was one hell of a ride. When I was in the sophomore year, the upperclassmen kept warning me on how tough junior year was. But I was like, “Sure, how hard can it be!” Boy, I was wrong. By this time, I had felt like there were too many things to do in a short amount of time; in other words, I had spread myself too thin. Not only did I have to maintain my GPA, but I also had to maintain good relationships with my teachers (even the teachers that I did not want to deal with), carry through my leadership roles, and study for the SAT and the SAT Subject Tests. This is the year to remember. I had become mentally unstable at some points and found myself having breakdowns at school almost every day. Sadly, junior year isn’t quite over. I have a few more projects to give my all in, and I still have to talk to one of my teachers about my grade. Hang in there, Erin!

Now, let’s talk about the oh-so-fabulous, or shall I say the oh-so-dreadful senior year. You pick.

I don’t know if I’m supposed to be happy that I will be going into my senior year, or if I’m supposed to be sad that it is my last year of high school. Maybe a mix of both, ay? Well, one thing that is unfortunate about my last year is that the first day of school is on my 17th birthday! Yes, you read that right! I have to go through the first day of school when it’s my birthday! Ugh. Oh yeah, and there’s also that familiar word that pops into everyone’s mind when they think of “senior year”. Yup, you got it! Senioritis. I hope that doesn’t hit me. Or actually, I think it might’ve already hit me, and I have already become numb. Hmm, not sure. One thing I am sort of disappointed about is that I will not be able to take as many challenging courses as I have this year! I think the only ones available are AP Literature and AP Economics. I wish they had more AP courses, bleh. But anyways, I also have my college applications to worry about! Everything I have done in my 3 years of highschool boils down to whatever I will present to the colleges that I will be applying to! Ahhhhh. I’m sure I will be fine. I think.

One goal that I have for my senior year is to not procrastinate. This is always my goal at the beginning of every year. I achieve it during the first half of the first semester, but then later, my bad habit of procrastination rushes back. And oh, let me tell you…it made my junior year even harder than it would’ve been. I need to get my act together, or else I will be going down the drain! If I had one advice for the upcoming juniors, it’s…DON’T PROCRASTINATE!! START EARLY!! You will thank me in the long run. Believe me.

Okay, I think I wrote enough. I mean, I’m running out of things to say.

Summary: Junior year was hell. Come at me, senior year! Show me what you’ve got!

I really have to go now.

Toodles!

Best,

Erin Kim ๐Ÿ™‚